keratin.net, hair loss, and treatment information

Sudden Dry Brittle Hair - Please HELP

keratin.com > keratin.com Forum Index > Hair Shaft Defects > Sudden Dry Brittle Hair - Please HELP
Hair Biology
Diagnosis / Decisions
Androgenetic Alopecia
Alopecia Areata
Inflammatory Alopecia
Other Alopecias
Hair Shaft Defects
Hirsutism / Hypertrichosis
Hair Cosmetics
Products and Services

FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in
Reply to topic
The time now is Thu Oct 02, 2014 4:20 am.All times are GMT
<Previous Thread|Next Thread>
Author: aimeeGuest
Post Sun Jul 10, 2005 2:22 pm

I'm a 43 year old woman who has always had strong, healthy shiny hair. My hair has gone through a sudden change of texture and it has gotten dry, brittle and dull. I am not having any hormonal symptoms, my thyroid has checked out normal, I use only the gentlest products on my hair, etc. I noticed this change after being diagnosed with Rosacea and taking a 6 week course of an antibiotic called Minocycline. I had a very bad reaction to Minocyline, headaches, eye pain, dizziness, confusion, etc and I thought the hair change may have been related but I have been off the drug for 4 weeks now and my hair is not improving and is still getting worse. I have my hair professionally colored every 4 weeks because I am almost all gray and it seems the problem gets worse after it is colored too. My colorist swears nothing has changed in the color and it is the same semi permanent color he has used on me for the past few year. He only applies the colors to the roots, too and doesn't run it through the rest of my hair. I'm really scared as to what is happening to my hair and if it is an indication of a deeper problem. Please any help you can provide would be appreciated.

Author: simNew Poster
Post Sun Oct 16, 2005 7:26 pm

Similar problem - hair brittle and lifeless , Hair loss

Hi!

I am only 30 year old female and I am facing similar problem since last 4 years. And, now that you mention, I used Minocycline 4 years ago. Not sure, if my condition started after that or before.

But, it has only gotten worst. I have tried every possible Dermatologist in Montreal, Canada. But, so far ..no luck.

If anybody has found any solution to this problem. Please post it.

Author: JiraiyaNew Poster
Post Sun Oct 07, 2007 1:30 am

hair brittle and lifeless , Hair loss

Aimee: You need to start taking Reishi mushroom extract, He Shou Wu & Dong Quai, Nettle Root extract. Try to find these herbs from qualified on-line store and start taking these herbs for at least 3-4 months to see good results. Also try cutting your sugar, coffee/caffine, soda and salt intake in half or eliminate them all together. Also try drinking japanese Green tea 4 to 5 times a day without sugar!

Page 1 of 1

Reply to topic
Jump to: