keratin.net, hair loss, and treatment information

should I use wave nouveau coiffure in my hair?

keratin.com > keratin.com Forum Index > Products and Services > should I use wave nouveau coiffure in my hair?
Hair Biology
Diagnosis / Decisions
Androgenetic Alopecia
Alopecia Areata
Inflammatory Alopecia
Other Alopecias
Hair Shaft Defects
Hirsutism / Hypertrichosis
Hair Cosmetics
Products and Services

FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in
Reply to topic
The time now is Sat Aug 02, 2014 6:30 am.All times are GMT
<Previous Thread|Next Thread>
Author: sherGuest
Post Thu Nov 04, 2004 7:47 pm

Crying or Very sad

Author: DCSGuest
Post Thu Feb 03, 2005 9:12 pm

Wave Nouveau

I had a bad experience with wave nouveau and have no idea why it is taking my hair out. You might want to avoid this product.

Author: SMWGuest
Post Thu Feb 10, 2005 5:45 pm

Very Happy

I have used Wave Nouveau for a good 20 years (ever since it first came on the market). I have fine fly away hair. I never did very well with straight perms, not to mention I am a wash and wear type of person. Meaning, with 2 boys I don't have a lot of time to care and primp with my hair. And to be honest, using this product, I have the most hair I have ever had. My hair is below my shoulders, I usually wear in the bob. I get my touch ups every other month, which is important and even though Wave Nouveau is known for also wearing the straight permed look, I do not recommend and if you choose to, a few days at the time when it is newly permed would be best . I admit my hair sheds a lot, but it grows even faster and is never missed. Most people are not satisfied until they are actually touching it and asking what is it. I always get compliments.

Some people say the Jeri Curl is out dated. This is not a Jeri Curl, does not look like one and is very much DRY when using the Wave Nouvear products. If you are switching from a straight relaxer it would be a good idea to cut your hair short to get a good effect and let it grow out to your desired length. Basically, I am just trying to say I love mine and dread the day, if or when they ever take it off the market.

DCS: Sorry, you had a bad experience.

Wave Nouveau is definitely ME!
Good Luck deciding.. Very Happy

Author: mysistagirlGuest
Post Sun Feb 13, 2005 2:49 pm

Wave Nouveau

I had a wave nouveau years ago when it first come on the market, and I absolutely loved it. The compliments were non stop. But then Halle Berry showed up with the cute little pixie hair styles and I, like almost every other African American woman, went and cut all my hair off and got one of those cute relaxed looks. WHAT A MISTAKE. Even when I was tired of the short pixie and tried to grow my hair out again, with the relaxer, it NEVER reached the length that it had reached when it was healthy with wave nouveau. It was so dry, brittle, and fragile that I just had to keep getting it cut short.

finally, last year I decided that no matter how "outdated" it supposedly is, I was going to do what I know was healthiest for my hair. I got microbraids put in and wore them long enough to grow half the relaxer out of my hair. I then removed them and had the remaining relaxer cut off. Then I got wave nouveau put on the new hair in October 2004. My hair is growing like crazy, and I'm already once again hearing the compliments like "your hair is beautiful". I use wave nouveau maintenance products, so my hair is not drippy wet, but it is properly moisterized and is dry to the touch. My natural hair is soft and curly, so I can get away without a touch up for four months. Besides, the older it gets, the better it looks, so I don't rush back to the salon for touch ups. It's been four months since I got the wave nouveau put back in, and it looks so nice now, that I don't even want to get a touch up, but I know I have to.

Everyone I have ever known who has had wave nouveau has been able to achieve the longest hair that they have ever had! I love this product, and no matter who comes out with the next trendy fashion, if it's not wave nouveau, I'm not interested!

Author: lmsGuest
Post Fri Mar 18, 2005 1:48 am

[font=Verdana] [/font]
I have had my hair in braids on and off for about 3 years. I did get a relaxer about a year ago when I took the braids out and my hair was at a nice length.
Approximately, 3 months it was falling out and I was very unhappy. I wanted to make a change again, and about three weeks ago, I prayed to God to show me what to do with my hair. In an instant, I called and the person recommended the Wave Nouveau for my hair. I was afraid it would look like the Gerri Curl..Well, I can tell you, that when I walked into to my home, my husband called me sexy!! Had not heard that word in a LONG time. Next, I go to work, and the stares started. People said what is in your hair. Your hair is So pretty, cute, nice, etc. I find myself looking at myself more and more in the mirror. This style is the best. My hair feels healthy and it reached my shoulders 3 weeks ago..Today it was tangled in the seat belt around me.
My hair has never been quite this long. I have a auburn-blondish tinge rinse
my stylist put in and another Wow!! I am so pleased with this permanent wave. It has truly enhanced my self esteem. I am an educator and students
will tell the truth..the majority have said, your hair is pretty. I hope to continue with style for a long time. Thank you.

Author: ncolGuest
Post Thu Mar 24, 2005 11:34 pm

wave nouveau

i am thinking about getting this put in my hair and i was wondering if anyone had a picture?

Author: wave meGuest
Post Sat Apr 16, 2005 12:02 am

wave nouveau

i am looking to get the wave nouveau in a few weeks time. i am very scared to do it but i really want curly hair. does it look like a jherri curl? or does it look like natural curly hair? also....
what size rods or rollers have you used?
what products do you use?
how long is your hair?
how long does the 1st procedure take, and is it the same amount of time fro the re-touches?
please someone answer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 Mr. Green Idea Question Wink Razz

Author: ItsylouGuest
Post Sun Apr 17, 2005 9:08 pm

I have used Wave Nouveau for years

I have used Wave Nouveau for years however, back January 2005 I tired the new and improved formula and my hair began to break out. I am very disappointed and I am switching to 'Motions"

Author: christinaGuest
Post Thu Sep 08, 2005 10:13 pm

Re: Wave Nouveau

quote:
Originally posted by mysistagirlI had a wave nouveau years ago when it first come on the market, and I absolutely loved it. The compliments were non stop. But then Halle Berry showed up with the cute little pixie hair styles and I, like almost every other African American woman, went and cut all my hair off and got one of those cute relaxed looks. WHAT A MISTAKE. Even when I was tired of the short pixie and tried to grow my hair out again, with the relaxer, it NEVER reached the length that it had reached when it was healthy with wave nouveau. It was so dry, brittle, and fragile that I just had to keep getting it cut short.

finally, last year I decided that no matter how "outdated" it supposedly is, I was going to do what I know was healthiest for my hair. I got microbraids put in and wore them long enough to grow half the relaxer out of my hair. I then removed them and had the remaining relaxer cut off. Then I got wave nouveau put on the new hair in October 2004. My hair is growing like crazy, and I'm already once again hearing the compliments like "your hair is beautiful". I use wave nouveau maintenance products, so my hair is not drippy wet, but it is properly moisterized and is dry to the touch. My natural hair is soft and curly, so I can get away without a touch up for four months. Besides, the older it gets, the better it looks, so I don't rush back to the salon for touch ups. It's been four months since I got the wave nouveau put back in, and it looks so nice now, that I don't even want to get a touch up, but I know I have to.

Everyone I have ever known who has had wave nouveau has been able to achieve the longest hair that they have ever had! I love this product, and no matter who comes out with the next trendy fashion, if it's not wave nouveau, I'm not interested!
Laughing Laughing how long does it take to get a wave nouveau put in?

Author: Guest
Post Tue Oct 11, 2005 2:30 am

After losing my hair to countless perms, relaxers and weaves, I lost faith in all hairdressers and beauticians. I wore a wig for most of my adult life because I could not count on what my hair would look like on a daily basis.

For example I remember as a young girl spending several hours in the beauty salon on Saturday morning only to hear my father exclaim, "Cut off that hair and wear a head scarf!"

In fact in August 2001, two months after I married, I asked the hairdresser to cut my damaged hair bald. My hair was four inches long and some parts were less than a 1/2 inch long.

I took a leap of faith and had the wave nouveau permanent applied on 7/24/05. I was unsure of what the end result would be or even if my sensitive scalp could take more chemical abuse.
So far this has been the right choice. My hair is softer and much more manageable due to the moisturizers. It has grown very quickly and some of my bald spots are growing hair for the first time in years. My first touch up is this week and I will let you know how it goes.

Page 1 of 4
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic
Jump to: