keratin.net, hair loss, and treatment information

How Much Hair Loss Per Day In The SHOWER Is Normal?

keratin.com > keratin.com Forum Index > Hair Biology > How Much Hair Loss Per Day In The SHOWER Is Normal?
Hair Biology
Diagnosis / Decisions
Androgenetic Alopecia
Alopecia Areata
Inflammatory Alopecia
Other Alopecias
Hair Shaft Defects
Hirsutism / Hypertrichosis
Hair Cosmetics
Products and Services

FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in
Reply to topic
The time now is Sat Nov 22, 2014 1:20 am.All times are GMT
<Previous Thread|Next Thread>
Author: guestGuest
Post Sun Mar 14, 2004 1:36 am

weird question, i know, but i'm curious. i'm hoping my TE has slowed some and i want to test it in a simple way. i know 50-100 hairs per day is normal, but how much of it just falls out during the course of a day and how much comes out in a shower? 10,20,30? (hopefully a lot more..) I just spend 5 days without washing my hair, knowlingly brushed or picked out about 100+, and then lost 200 or so in the shower...not good, I know...but I'm trying to tell myself it IS only an average of 60 per day that I KNOW fell out.

Anyway, how many hairs do you normal people lose in the shower per day?

Author: bretGuest
Post Sun Mar 14, 2004 12:39 pm

I would say 25-90% of the hair you lose everyday comes out in the shower, depending on whether you are using hairspray or other hair care poducts.

Author: adminSite Admin
Post Tue Mar 16, 2004 1:55 am

You could lose all the hair to be shed in the shower. Washing and massaging works out much of the dead hair. If you are thorough then you could take out all the dead hair and nothing will fall out for the next 24-36 hours.

Author: TGGuest
Post Thu Mar 18, 2004 10:53 pm

I would think though that if you have long hair the ones that are falling out may get caught in the rest of your wet tangled hair and not fall to the tub. If this is the case you'll see them when brushing and blow-drying.

Author: adminSite Admin
Post Sat Mar 20, 2004 1:24 am

Yes, also possible. Depends in part on how throuough you are with the washing. Basically the more hair manipulation the more likely you will massage out more of the telogen hairs.

Author: Guest
Post Wed Apr 28, 2004 3:21 am

my hair is very healthy and thick, my scalp is very normal....and at any moment in the day i can run my fingers through my hair and pull out a HANDFULL!! i have to pull my hair back when i cook, i comb my hair with a pick, and hairs fall to the floor and on my clothes, still in the shower, i loose a whole bunch, i pull them out of the drain DAILY!! it is AWEFUL!!!! But it has to be completely normal to loose so many because my hair is still very very thick, i don't have a thin spot anywhere and i couldn't begin to count the number of hairs i loose daily.....i just totally wouldn't worry about it if i were you!!!!! Wink

Author: AlopeciaGuest
Post Thu Nov 11, 2004 3:04 am

You may have your thick hair now, but sooner or late rmy DHT will get your precious follicles. Yum Yum.

Author: mmedina5Guest
Post Fri Nov 12, 2004 6:13 am

No No No How many hair do you see falling off?

You got to be kidding me if you are losing more than 10-15 strands of hair while using any kind of shampoo or conditioner. With Control Hair System I see on the average 7-12 hair strand maxium when showering. I'm going to video tape a head shot of me using Control Hair System and only showing about 7-12 hair strand falling off. Please don't tell me you are losing more than that! For more information Email: mmedina5@tampabay.rr.com,

Author: Guest
Post Tue Dec 21, 2004 1:16 am

i lose ALOT of hair in the shower when I was my hair and I a hair dresser its normal to lose up to 200 strands of hair a day . When your in the shower washing and scrubing your harder on your hair thats were alot of it is going to come at.

Author: mmedina5Guest
Post Wed Dec 22, 2004 2:50 pm

Falling all hairs Falling all Hairs

Stop putting so many chemicals on your scalp or skin and you will see less hair falling off your scalp. Use an all natural product that works. dont keep doing the same things and expecting a different results. That insanity. Try something new like what I use. Control Hair & Skin System. Only available threw a specail order. mmedina5@tampabay.rr.com. It cleans my scalp so well that it sqeaks when I rinse off the excess water from my scalp. And what a shine when I use the facial wash. It make me look 5-7 years younger my friends and family tells me. Get rid of all those chemical based product and go Natural the way it was meant to be. I know I do! "Keep It Under Control" Get It!

Page 1 of 1

Reply to topic
Jump to: