keratin.net, hair loss, and treatment information

Naturcolor?

keratin.com > keratin.com Forum Index > Hair Cosmetics > Naturcolor?
Hair Biology
Diagnosis / Decisions
Androgenetic Alopecia
Alopecia Areata
Inflammatory Alopecia
Other Alopecias
Hair Shaft Defects
Hirsutism / Hypertrichosis
Hair Cosmetics
Products and Services

FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in
Reply to topic
The time now is Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:41 am.All times are GMT
<Previous Thread|Next Thread>
Naturcolor?
Author: nepenthe420Guest
Post Thu Mar 27, 2003 11:12 pm

Naturcolor?

Has anyone used Naturcolor hair dye? Inasmuch as there are some really experienced folks on this board, I would like to elicit feedback on this product; incidentally, I would be using the darkest color.

Thanks

Author: Guest
Post Thu Jun 05, 2003 6:52 pm

hi - you may contact Naturcolor (Herbaceuticals) directly at 800-784-8212

Author: friscoGuest
Post Wed Jun 25, 2003 1:01 am

Naturcolor

I have been using their products for four or five years. I am very happy with them and find their toxicity to be very low compared to other products on the market. The color fades just a little so I take that into account when preparing a color (I mix two products). I don't use the line that is designed to color gray better, but I don't mind if there is some gray showing when it is time to recolor. The hair stays in quite good condition, considering that it is color-treated. The color is very natural and several people have told me they didn't think I colored my hair, after I mentioned it.

Author: GuestGuest
Post Thu Jul 31, 2003 7:11 am

I have been pleased with their colors, but find too that they fade quite a bit. Also, even when using the ash colors, they tend to give a warm, cast. I died my hair dark brown, and see a lot of auburn in it. .......This color is way better than what's in the grocery stores though as far as toxicity!!

Author: nepenthe420Guest
Post Sat Aug 23, 2003 8:43 pm

Thanks for the replies everyone! I have been using this product in poppy seed color for the last few months, and have found--not unlike the responses--that it does not last as long as the others; nevertheless I cannot help but think, or feel, that it is less chemically deleterious.

Thanks again.

Author: Guest
Post Wed Sep 24, 2003 4:57 am

Hair dye damage?

hi kevin
i am a 20 year old female and i started getting gray hair when i was 16. I have dark brown hair so the gray hair really stands out and people have always felt the need to make comments about this so ive dyed my hair with permanent dye for the last 4 years to cover this up. however, my hair is thinning all over. ive probably lost about 50% of the thickness. I read on another reply that you tsaid that if you felt a burningg sensation during the dye process then the hair follicles ay have been permanently damaged. The last few times that ive dyed my hair i did feel a burning sensaton but always continued to leave the dye on for almost the full application time. I am wondering if this has permanently damaged my hair follicles. Could it have? and if so is there anything i can do to regrow some of the hair i lost or has too much damage been done?

Author: Guest2Guest
Post Thu Jan 29, 2004 10:00 pm

hair loss due to Natur Color hair dye

For the person who posted a question about hair loss, I had the same problem due to stress for the last 2 years, losing about 1/2 of my hair's thickness. Find a hair salon or beauty supply store that sells Nioxin hair products (shampoos, conditioners, hairsprays, stryling products, etc) and begin using that brand religiously. They also have hair growth boosters like follicle stimulators, etc, that are very helpful and not harmful to your skin. Some tingle a bit, but are otherwise worth it due to healthier hair.

You may also want to take prenatal vitamins (even if you're not looking to get pregnant), as these contain lots of good hair boosting vitamins.

Author: dee deeGuest
Post Wed Feb 04, 2004 6:25 pm

hair loss help & color

I began coloring my hair about 15 years ago with store products, but switched to natural products when my scalp began to burn. I used Naturtint, even though it made my head itch. I started using Naturcolor 4 months ago and LOVE it. My hair feels better with no itch or burn. Yes, the color fades a little faster, but I'd rather deal with that. I began loosing lots of hair about 10 years ago after my last baby and it has never stopped. I tried many things until a friend told me about [I][B][B]powdered[/B] [/B][/I]MSM. It's 99.9% pure. After 4-6 weeks my hair loss stopped. Now when I was my hair and comb it out I have only a couple of hairs in my comb. I take a teaspoon a day. It's bitter so I mix it with stevia. A friend of mine mixes hers with juice. Good Luck! p.s be sure to use the powdered form. I've used the capsules for a long time and nothing changed until I switched to the powder.

Author: Abbe1Guest
Post Tue Mar 30, 2004 2:18 am

Naturcolor - How to use it

Hi,

I just bought the Naturcolor product to cover gray hair but I lost the directions. Can anyone tell me how to use it. I remember that I had to mix equal parts - but don't remember how much. Also, it said something about covering the stubborn gray area first with one of the products but I don't remember which one..... I will be calling them as well but just in case it takes them a couple of weeks to return my call I thought maybe one of you could just let me know.

Thanks for your help!

Author: milesgtGuest
Post Mon May 03, 2004 3:25 am

Naturcolor for covering Grey Hair

Boy what a hype....so gentle it didn't color a hair on my head...took my wife with me to the health food store...chose the "N" type specified to color grey hair, followed the directions religiously, left on for 45 minutes total, rinsed, washed my hair and voila! No noticeable change at all....certainly didn't cover grey....should've known that "natural" and "gentle" don't always mean it works....guess that's why real hair dye has chemicals in it. My wife's grey is always totally blacked out into a beautiful head of coal black, shiny hair. With real hair color, of course.

Don't get ripped off! The companies website is just one page with their 800 number. Razz

Page 1 of 4
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic
Jump to: