keratin.net, hair loss, and treatment information

should I use wave nouveau coiffure in my hair?

keratin.com > keratin.com Forum Index > Products and Services > should I use wave nouveau coiffure in my hair?
Hair Biology
Diagnosis / Decisions
Androgenetic Alopecia
Alopecia Areata
Inflammatory Alopecia
Other Alopecias
Hair Shaft Defects
Hirsutism / Hypertrichosis
Hair Cosmetics
Products and Services

FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in
Reply to topic
The time now is Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:16 pm.All times are GMT
<Previous Thread|Next Thread>
should I use wave nouveau coiffure in my hair?
Author: bbbGuest
Post Fri Jan 13, 2006 10:51 am

Re: Wave Nouveau gone bad

quote:
Originally posted by AfricanQI did a Wave Nouveau Coiffure for some reason the curls never stay not only this after I leave the salon the hair is still wet and i can see my scalp. The curls are always wet. Is this how it is supposed to look? I was hoping for something curled/ ringlet fro look (dry) not this mess.

Now my hair is breaking/ falfallingredding anytime I comb my hair I get hands full of hair even if i just put my fingers through it hair falls out it is do bad I am loslosing hair in front I can actually see my scalp. The hair at my temples have broken. Before the wave nouveau my hair was natural I truly regret this move.

Can someone pls advise me on what to do. I would really appreciate your help. There is hair all over the place am so worried I will wake up bald. Does anyone have pictures of how a wave it should look ?

Finally does anyone know a great salon that does Wave Nouveau Coiffure in Atlanta.[B][

Hi AfricanQ,

I experienced almost the same thing (losing hair) whenever I got my wave nouveau coiffure put in 2 months ago. I have lost patches of hair in several places, including the front of my hair. I attribute this to my stylist failing to inform or warn me about combing it too much. After about 2 weeks I called her in a panic because I was losing more than a handful of hair daily. I knew this was abnormal. She assured me that we should lose 80 to 100 hairs per day, but I knew that my loss was alot more. As it turns out I was combing it way too much. But it was tangled so I felt that I had to comb it. Last month I started seeing my scalp and I knew something was wrong. So for the last month I have quit combing and honestly I am hardly losing hair. Of'course there is the occasional shedding which is natural for me, but I do not experience the large hair loss anymore. And since I started using the moisturizing mist I do not have any tangles, therefore do not need to comb it as often. I typically wash my hair once per week and really give it a good combing then. So my advice to you for this problem is to stop combing it! The moisturizing spray will reduce the tangles and the need for combing so much. Also, for your balding spots, use Surge 14 Plus spray. You can buy it at CVS for $6 a bottle. It has made my hair grow back and my scalp no longer shows.

Also, yes I was disappointed when I first left the salon and my hair was so wet. But then later in the day it dried. Unfortunately my stylist likes to soak my hair whenever I go to her as she believes it keeping it moist, but on a day-to-day basis I wear it very dry. I use the WNC Daily Humectant and Moisturizing Mist and both keep it moist, but dry.

I hope this information helps you!

Author: MSTAGNew Poster
Post Fri Jan 27, 2006 12:10 pm

????I want to switch from a relaxer to Wave Nouveau......

[font=Verdana] [/font][B]

I have a relaxer now and have for years (i'm 32) but in 2000 my hair fell out the doc said it is alepocia. It grew back with treatments, except the occasional bald spots. I now want to cut the relaxer out and use Wave Nouveau... I use Lesiure curl years ago and it grew my hair. I have not seen any pictures of recent Wave Nouveau Coiffure styles...can any one send me some? I do not like the drippy jeri curl look anymore. Smile Thanks

Author: blueoneNew Poster
Post Mon Feb 13, 2006 7:07 pm

Wave Nouveau

I should begin by saying that I have (and always had) "long" hair. It breaks, sheds, been over-relaxed, under-relaxed, burned... but never above my shoulders. I am "all" black, my natural hair is coarse and coiled with no type of wave or curl pattern. I have always been fortunate in having my grandmother care for my hair (good ol' fashioned press and curl- a lost art) most of my life. Since she has passed, i've been going to salons- when all the previous mentioned abuse occurred. 2 years ago I decided to stop the madness, and grow out my relaxer. It had been a long and arduous road but I did it- w/o cutting off no more than a 1/2 in of hair at a time and my hair is still a few in. past my shoulders. My hair is the thickest and healthiest its been in years but now its too much to handle!!
I would like to continue to flatiron/press my hair but then I can't wash it as often as I like. At work, I am pretty active so I tend to sweat more than I want and my hair is kinky by the end of almost each day (meaning I have to press everyday!) I want to get a wave nouveau but from past experiences, I'm afraid my luck will run out with bad chemical treatments. Is the WN treatment the way to go? Will it even work on my type hair? Can anyone suggest an alternative to WN that my be less of a risk?

Author: manonoNew Poster
Post Fri Feb 17, 2006 1:03 am

Re: Wave Nouveau

quote:
Originally posted by blueoneI should begin by saying that I have (and always had) "long" hair. It breaks, sheds, been over-relaxed, under-relaxed, burned... but never above my shoulders. I am "all" black, my natural hair is coarse and coiled with no type of wave or curl pattern. I have always been fortunate in having my grandmother care for my hair (good ol' fashioned press and curl- a lost art) most of my life. Since she has passed, i've been going to salons- when all the previous mentioned abuse occurred. 2 years ago I decided to stop the madness, and grow out my relaxer. It had been a long and arduous road but I did it- w/o cutting off no more than a 1/2 in of hair at a time and my hair is still a few in. past my shoulders. My hair is the thickest and healthiest its been in years but now its too much to handle!!
I would like to continue to flatiron/press my hair but then I can't wash it as often as I like. At work, I am pretty active so I tend to sweat more than I want and my hair is kinky by the end of almost each day (meaning I have to press everyday!) I want to get a wave nouveau but from past experiences, I'm afraid my luck will run out with bad chemical treatments. Is the WN treatment the way to go? Will it even work on my type hair? Can anyone suggest an alternative to WN that my be less of a risk?

No No No.....Do not put a Wave Nouveau in your hair or any of those other "curly perm" type products.

You will ruin your beautiful natural hair and will regret it.

If you want a corkscrew curly style that celebrities like Kelis, Scary Spice, Gloria Reuben, etc...there is a better way which will leave your hair in a healthier state.

First of all those curly perms contain two harsh chemicals....one being a form of sodium thioglycolate which is very damaging to African hair. Once you use this chemical your hair will be perpetually dry.

Basically what this service does is completely straighten your hair using this harsh harsh chemical....and then your hair is set on rods and another harsh chemical is applied so that curls become permanently set.

So basically you have a double chemical process and there is no way to avoid having your hair be in a very bad state afterward. You will have extremely dry, fragile fried hair that requires constant moisture to the point that you will not be able to avoid having a greasy, wet jheri curl look.

This is a very bad idea and no one I have ever met is happy with this process.

Okay, so what do you do. First of all, if you are of black and have natural hair...I am willing to bet big bucks that you have curly hair already..and that you do indeed have a curl pattern even if you dont recognize it.

How is your hair when wet after shampooing it? I bet your curls are more obvious then.

Okay so you have 2 choices...you can use a chemical free method to get the look you want...which consists of putting twists in your hair when it is wet, applying a setting lotion and after it is dry then taking the twists out and you have a nice spirally curly hair.

or you can choose a chemical method to get the look you want....you will need to use a mild relaxer applied for a short period of time to your hair to LOOSEN the curls you already have.

Once you have done this then you will on a daily basis wet your hair, apply a good conditioner and while in the shower detangle your hair with a wide tooth comb or a special brush....

and then apply a gel, moose, curling cream, or setting lotion to your wet hair...

and then let your hair air dry or diffuse it with a blow dryer...

and you will have natural beautiful curls and most importantly because you only used a very mild chemical treatment...you will have very healthy hair.

look at the pictures on this website...they call their process a silkening..but it is just applying a mild relaxer to the hair...

www.curve-salon.com

also check out naturallycurly.com .... there are a lot of black girls who do thier hair this way on that site and can help you.

Author: Deidra202New Poster
Post Mon Feb 20, 2006 5:23 pm

Don't do it!!!

[font=Tahoma] [/font][color=#] [/color] Mad
My hair was ruined by Wave Nouveau. I have very soft hair. When i was growing my relaxer out I could get my hair straight by blowing it and then using a flat iron to take the wave & puffiness away. My hair was healthier when I had half natural and half relaxed hair. After I had my hair dresser put the Wave nouveau my hair did resemble a jheri curl. Not good!!! When I shampooed my hair for the first time a huge patch fell out ! My hair seems to grow slower and it sheds at an alarming rate now. I think this probably works on very thick hair. I checked to see if this stuff came in different strengths just in case my hairdresser used something too strong for my hair. It looks like it only comes in one strength. Beware! A woman's hair can make her feel pretty or ugly. I feel terrible every Crying or Very sad time I touch my hair. I had shoulder length, healthy, natural hair before this experiment gone bad. I would think twice. My mother tried it and her hair looks like Fire Marshall Bill's from In Living Color.

Author: DeeDee1975New Poster
Post Wed Jul 26, 2006 4:08 pm

I love Wave Nouveau Coiffure

I have been using Wave Nouveau Coiffure for about a year and I love it. I cut all of the relaxer out of my hair and my hair is about 8 inches long. I have extremely kinky and thick hair and this is the only product that grows my hair out. I have tried everything to grow my OWN hair out and this the only product that works for me. I hope that it never goes off the market.

Author: m_mcgeeNew Poster
Post Tue Nov 27, 2007 6:25 am

Wave Nouveau & Salon

Hello,

Does anyone know where I can go in Chicago, IL or surrounding suburbs to have Wave Nouveau put on my hair?

Thanks,

MM

Author: Kelvin31New Poster
Post Wed Jan 23, 2008 8:48 am

No, don't do it. I've already tried it and it ruined my hair.... Sad

Author: m_mcgeeNew Poster
Post Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:20 pm

Wave Nouveau

Thanks Kelvin31,

I read so many reviews that it was not good that I am straying away from WN. I am now wondering about Affirm's body wave, Ferm. I have heard good things about it. Does anyone use it and if so, how is your hair? Do you have any pictures of it?

Page 4 of 4
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Reply to topic
Jump to: