keratin.net, hair loss, and treatment information

My Scalp Hurts!

keratin.com > keratin.com Forum Index > Inflammatory Alopecias > My Scalp Hurts!
Hair Biology
Diagnosis / Decisions
Androgenetic Alopecia
Alopecia Areata
Inflammatory Alopecia
Other Alopecias
Hair Shaft Defects
Hirsutism / Hypertrichosis
Hair Cosmetics
Products and Services

FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in
Reply to topic
The time now is Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:01 pm.All times are GMT
<Previous Thread|Next Thread>
My Scalp Hurts!
Author: crickettGuest
Post Sat Jul 12, 2003 10:13 pm

scalp pain

I have had this stuff for ever it seems. I have tried Elocon worked okay
when I had enough to treat affected areas . Then I tried Protopic which is the pitts ...now I am using Olux foam am on the second scrip out of three
still hoping. But when my scalp tingles kind of the buring thing my hair leaves
in that spot. I know am sporting the shape of a glazed dounut on the back of my head and now the top is going help any advice ? Surprised Surprised

Author: crickettGuest
Post Sat Jul 12, 2003 10:26 pm

hair loss and pain

Yes I am having the same problem I was told it was Alapocia Areata
13 years ago and it was just like the size of a dime no biggy.
But now we are talking large tennis ball area and the whole back
about and inch wide across the bottom. I am on my fourth treatment
and this is the worst it has ever been . My derm is saying stress
could be . I am in theraphy trying to get a handle on that. My husband tells me not to stress gee if it were only a swich you could flip . I have even gone to the health food store trying Udo's good fat iol suppliment . I have also been
told yto try nioxin shampoo and treatments there is a cleanser a trype of cream treatment them a spray . still on my first week hopeful . Confused

Author: babiezyrandahGuest
Post Sat Oct 11, 2003 12:24 am

hair loss scalp pain

I am only 18 and i have been getting sore scalp for about half a year now, it was really bad at first i kept touching and then one day i scratched my scalp and a peice of it came out and started bleeding. so i got medicated shampoo and stopped putting my hair up. Then i started losing hair in my crown area. I started Ortho Novum birth control and my hair loss got much worse all over my scalp, so i stopped it, and its been two weeks since and i am still losing handfuls. i have always had extremely thick hair and this is freaking me out, i am gonna get a dr appt

Author: BGuest
Post Fri Jan 16, 2004 7:41 am

Scalp Pain Advice

For people who are experiencing pain/soreness in scalp. I've done some research and it seems like many people who are experiencing shedding of hair are also experiencing scalp pain. I experienced the same thing myself.

I've been taking Biotin and Iron for the past 2 weeks and the soreness/pain of my scalp is almost gone. I got my ferritin level checked and it was at 36. Very low, which can contribute to hairloss. This is due to the fact that I'm taking Diane 35 and it seems to make you iron deficient.

Author: hatesonionGuest
Post Mon Feb 16, 2004 3:25 pm

SCALP PAIN - TIGHT SCALP - trichodynia

I suffered from this burning scalp syndrone for years..

recently I discovered that its caused by "substance P" build up

Capsicum inhibits "sunstance P"

bascially cayenne pepper extract..

I ound one shampoo in canada that contains this
http://www.hair-alive.com

It is some shampoo that talks about growing hair, I got it because it contains Capsicum. I use all three.. I leave the scalp pennetrater on at night. After 3 days no more salp pain/tight scalp/trichodynia

Also a product called Cryoblast will also inhibit substance P
http://www.qfac.com/supps/phytoblock.html

I have not ordered the Cyroblast yet. But it contains Capsicum so Im sure it works.

Basically anything that constains Capsicum with shut fown the scalp pain better known as trichodynia.

Author: carrollGuest
Post Tue Sep 28, 2004 6:29 am

Hello people,
I found my way here searching for answers to scalp pain - and now I've read above about the relationship between Bells Palsy and herpes! I have a cold sore and ear ache and a sore spot on my scalp, same side as the ear ache -- ( I must sound a mess, but I just had a stressful weekend Ultimate frisbee tourny in the heat of Singapore and it always wears me out!!!)
I'll bet I just have a virus... thanks for the insight - I was about to toss my shampoo and conditioner! Confused

Author: Guest
Post Wed Mar 30, 2005 5:12 am

Scalp Pain

For about 7 weeks now i have had the "ponytail" headache, burning, and felt like someone has been yanking me around by my hair all day. I went to a few Dr.s and they have said they believe it is neuropathy. They prescibed nortryptiline but i am not a pill person so i havent taken it yet. I know the only thing so far that has helped in Tylenol extra strenght. Hope this helps..

Author: steveGuest
Post Mon May 02, 2005 8:51 pm

alopecia

ive lost 40 percent of head hair which grew back white (clear) and lost that , came back black and lost that and now back to white. still loseing and growing back .Im now in some medical books , claim to fame. ive also lost all hair on my legs , hands arms and some of my beard several times. i tried a lot of things but NONE work.so i just live with the extreame changes in hair, put up with rude comments and questions and move on....good luck to all

Author: WendyGuest
Post Tue Sep 27, 2005 2:13 am

burning scalp - sometimes burning sores too....

I too have this burning scalp problem. At times, I have these small sores or lesions on my scalp that burn and are achy too. I had so much happen to me last year that I'm finding it difficult to put my finger on any particular one of them. It's possible it came from musculum contagiosum, which is a pox like virus, or it could have been the cryovaginal surgery with general anestesia I had in November, or in January when I had my permenant, and the hair really started dropping in droves. The burning started in August of last year, has continued thru this year, with a great deal of hair loss in the burning area. I've been to about 8 different doctors and it's frustrating as hell when everyone says, "you're just fine". I have all normal tests which tested for thyroid, t4, hirstiuism, estrogen, progesterine, testerosterone, free testesterone, blood levels, HIV, HIVII, ALL STD's, and checked for Heavy metals and checked my antibodies too. They say I'm clean as a whistle, yet my hair continues to drop off. Don't know what to do.....

Author: DaviesGuest
Post Sat Oct 08, 2005 1:55 pm

Burning scalp hair loss

Hair loss burning scalp on the crown and itchy dry skin on my face and neck.

I've just starting having this problem as a result of some medication I was on. It has messed up my gut flora which is reducing my ability to absorb nutrients.

I have been tested as deficient in Biotin and Zinc and suspect my iron levels aren't great.

Everybody try and get tested for Biotin, Zinc and Iron levels if you can or just start taking supplements (it's quite hard to find Biotin supplements strong enough but have a go) and post the results.

Page 6 of 9
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Reply to topic
Jump to: