Alopecia Areata
Inflammatory Alopecia
Other Alopecias
Hair Shaft Defects
Hirsutism / Hypertrichosis
Hair Cosmetics
Products and Services

FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in
Reply to topic
The time now is Mon Sep 22, 2014 2:11 pm.All times are GMT
<Previous Thread|Next Thread>
Nisim vs Nioxin
Author: marcySenior Poster
Post Sat Aug 26, 2000 1:16 pm

Mary:

Thanks for the note......and here's to everyone's hair growing back......!

As I mentioned in my last post, my most recent find was Psoriasin S/A (Maximum Strength)....made in Niles Illinois. It is a shampoo and the ingredients are as follows: 3.5% Salicylic acid; Other Ingredients: Lauramidopropyl Betaine. Panthenol (Pro viatim B5), Phospholipid EFA, Purified Water, Sodiu Chloride, Sodium C14-16 Oefin Sulfonate. The label states that it is free of dyes, fragrance and preservatives. It is my newest addition to my "favorites"..and leaves my hair truly without oil, but without totally drying it out....a most difficult combination. If any of you are suffering from the "oily's" or "itchies", it is worth a try. I have also taken to carrying a container of Scalpicin. It is as they say.......there is no oiliness. When my head starts to get crazy with itching, I put a bit on and it calms down.

Not to make anyone ill by being too descriptive, I can actually see the shampoo breaking down the scaly build-up on my scalp......it's kind of weird. And it has the burning on my face down to a very dull roar.

Have a great weekend everyone, and thanks again, Mary, for the note.

Marcy.

Author: cindy LGuest
Post Sat Aug 26, 2000 1:20 pm

To Marcy
Where do you buy your shampoo psoriasin?
Thanks Cindy

Post Sat Aug 26, 2000 1:42 pm

I found it at CVS........I don't know where you're located, but that is one of the large drug chains in New Jersey, and perhaps other states. Let me know if you have difficulty finding it.

The company that distributes it is Alva-Amco * Cos., Inc. in Niles, Illinois.

Good luck.

Author: AnneGuest
Post Sat Aug 26, 2000 3:51 pm

Marcy, where can you get Nioxen shampoo? I have looked but not found it? I am on the east coast.
Some day maybe we will have answers to our problem.

Wishing all the best of luck and keep your chins up.

Post Tue Aug 29, 2000 7:14 am

Anne:

I have purchased Nioxin via the Internet, and in a local chain here in New Jersey called Harmon. As for the Internet, you can go to Nioxin.com and find your way to a beauty salon in your area that carries it. They eventually list local distributors, but their website isn't done yet. In addtion, go to dogpile.com This is a website that searches via 10 or 12 search engines at one time. I use it to find many things. When you get to dogpile. plug in Nioxin....it will take you to an incredible variety of places that all sell Nioxin.

Good luck.

Author: BecGuest
Post Wed Aug 30, 2000 10:23 am

I have been using Nioxin trial kit for about 3 weeks and have noticed an increase in my shedding. I thought this stuff was suppose to slow it down.

Author: AnonymousGuest
Post Tue Oct 31, 2000 10:28 am

After two years of androgen related hair loss, and many doctors and products later, I recently purchased Nioxin Shampoo and also the conditioner.

I didn't have any hopes of the shampoo actually stopping hair loss, but instead hoped for a minimum of a healthy feeling scalp and more bounce, texture, and shine to my hair. To my pleasant surprise, the shampoo stopped my "burning scalp syndrome", and the conditioner gave me a bounce and texture that I haven't experienced since the onset of my hair loss two years ago. The Nioxin label claims to remove DHT from the scalp, so now I'm wondering if it's the DHT that causes the burning scalp? Has anyone else noticed this effect?

Post Sat Nov 04, 2000 11:38 am

Dear Anonymous:

I know there are some people that have burning scalp that feel they have no "buildup" on their scalps. However, in my case, i believe that the burning was directly related to the buildup. Like you, I found that Nioxin really helped. However, something new I am using makes the Nioxin pale in comparison. I am using a combination of Desert Essence shampoo and Fabao. I really can't believe the results. Oil the oiliness and burning are completely gone....and the seborrhea is down to negligible. Desert Essence, like Nioxin, has some tea tree oil in it, so for those of you who are sensitive to this particular product, be aware.

I, however, feel like a new person.

Post Tue Nov 07, 2000 12:50 pm

Has anyone tried Nisim? Is it the same as Nioxin?
I just read about it. I see there is alot of people (like me) who have used Nioxin, but no comments on Nisim?!?

Post Fri Nov 10, 2000 7:27 am

Hello folks,

I wanted to suggest some products that helped me.

For oiliness try Sabal by Ducray Labs(saw palmetto, zinc salicyl acid)

For red, itchy oily scalp try Kertyol by Ducray Labs (kertyol, salicyl acid, piroctone olamine)

Kertyol - reduces scaling and is non toxic and reduces irritation
salicyl acid - clears flakiness
piroctone olamine - reduces inflamation+fights microorganism

Ducray Labs are part of Pierre fabre group that produce therapetic products. These are the best products I have come across yet on the market.

Page 2 of 3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic
Jump to: